Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 155 - 365/2014

Day One Hundred Fifty-Five

Today was hanging day for West of Center.  I printed out the labels and took them to Joanne at the NAH and Kurt was working on the hanging.  I made a trip out and back again and towards the end of the time I was there hanging out with Joanne, both of them needed a much deserved lunch break and I went home.  I can't wait to see it all finished -- it looks great so far!




This evening I tweaked the fairy/cat collage a little bit more, it has been bugging me.


How the collage looked "before".
The fairy tweaked a little bit...stripey socks and mask.
The cat tweaked a little bit...darker lines and decoration all the way around the dot.
Adding some more color with blending chalks.
"before"
"after" -- it is a little bit hard to see in the photo, but the cat is much more colorful now and has pink cheeks...the fairy is a richer yellow.
The changes -- for now.
Next I took the collage into the bathroom in the studio to spray it with matte varnish...the fan works really well in there and I use it as a sort of spray booth when I can't spray outside...it is rainy/humid today.  I am not sure what exactly else I'd like to do to this collage but it feels like it needs a little something more...it will come to me eventually.  But I'm good for tonight now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...