Thursday, June 13, 2013

365/2013 - Day 164

Second Thursday 

Tonight Jan Waller showed us how to make two different felted flowers.  We had such a great time!

Jan starting to give us the basic info

Jan is showing us how her felted wall pieces develop
My needle felted "rose" before felting
I did the rolling for as long as I could but then Jan had to take over for me.
Tonight we had:  Peggy, Julia, Jane, Juana, Jan, Took
Our felted pieces for the roses are set out to dry on my front porch railing (I hope it bothered my neighbors -- hah!) -- I LOVE the color of Peggy's car -- that is the blue I wanted to paint my house.
This is my felted flower before felting
Ooops -- I added another shade of yellow to the middle.
And here are  my two pieces
ta-daaaaaaa! 
Juana's felted pieces 
Peggy's flowers
Julia's flowers
The one Jan worked on and Juana practiced needle felting on -- I feel badly I didn't get photos of Jane's beautiful flowers -- Jane needed to leave before the others did and at some point someone said "pictures please" and Jane was already gone.
Julia made a flower arrangement

What a wonderful, wonderful evening!  Jan will show us how to make felted masks later in the fall.  It will need to be a slightly longer evening, but we will figure it all out.  

This was so relaxing, so fun, so new to some of us...it felt like such a communal activity.  Really really wonderful!  We can't wait for the next time!

Tookies progress:  absolutely none...we did this all night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...