Wednesday, June 12, 2013

365/2013 - Day 163

one step closer

I will blab all about it if it comes all the way true, but tonight I am just very excited to say that I am one step closer in the process of something that I really really want to have happen.  And that's all I am going to say right now.

I also made the decision to not submit something to the upcoming show that has a very very close deadline.  It is just waaaaay too humid for the plaster cloth to dry enough to get it to a finished enough stage for photos.  It is also taking an amazingly long time for the paint to thoroughly dry on the glass gems/eyes.  It is going to be a really cool show but I wasn't planning on submitting anything for it when it was first announced but then recently I kept getting reminders and stuff and it started poking at me and then it just got too late and much too humid.  Maybe next time.

There is a lot of room reflections/glare in these eyes, but you can get an idea of how they will look.
I still intend to complete this guy now that I have more of an idea for him...I may lift the show's restrictions a little since he won't be ready for that deadline...but I'm not sure yet.
Today's Tookies progress:  zero...I am taking a day off of production...giving my hands and shoulders a break.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...