Saturday, June 8, 2013

365/2013 - Day 159

a brief look at the art of West of Center (2013)

Today I went back up to the Northville Art House to get a better look at the art of West of Center -- the 5th Annual All Media Show juried by Matt Eaton and curated/produced by Joanne Bandoni.  This time around I only took a sampling of photos so that you can go and see the show in person...it runs through June 30 during regular gallery hours.  More information after photos.
 

a long overview
"Spirit of Bad Dolls" by Juana Moore -- SOLD!
"Quillz" by Took Gallagher -- his orange stripes turn yellow and his purple ears turn pink with the heat from your hands
"Should I?" (detail) -- by Amy Fell Burford
another view of Juana Moore's "Spirit of Bad Dolls"
"Ruin Reverberant" by Kate Paul
"Scrap Quilt Circa 2013" by Joan Potter Thomas
"Scrap Quilt Circa 2013" (detail)
"Hidden Secrets" by Peggy Kerwan
"Art of Fire" by WanChuan Kesler
"Varying Degrees of Penetration" by Joe Trippi
Joe Trippi's "Varying Degrees of Penetration" (detail)
"Subsistence" by Kyle Pryce
"The Eye" by Dattatreya Phadke
Dattatreya Phadke's "The Eye" (detail)  
"Love Michigan" by Jeff Cancelosi
Jeff Cancelosi's "Love Michigan" (detail)

West of Center / 5th Annual All Media Show
June 7 - 30, 2013    Free   Regular Gallery Hours:  Wednesday - Saturday 1-5 p.m.

Northville Art House
215 W. Cady St.
Northville, MI  48167
(248) 344-0497

-  -  -  -  -

Today I am also trying to make a pair of black and white glass eyes for a possible plaster cloth guy.  This is not how I usually try to paint eyes, but I made the pupils with a Sharpie marker and globbed on white acrylic paint (I didn't have any white spray paint).  If I like how this turns out I may enter him to a local show with the theme "Black/White/Red"...but I'm not sure yet.  Deadline is quickly approaching so I need to decide/get to work!



And here is today's Tookies progress:  ten finger puppets have ears/horns, eyes, and mouths.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...