Sunday, September 2, 2012

2012/365 - Day 246

testing stuff out to see if I can make it work

With the magical phrase "Make it work!" (Tim Gunn/Project Runway) ringing in my ears,  
I hope to figure out a way to use some of the bazillion leftover glove fingers I have.


This is just one small bin of glove fingers...you have no idea how many I actually have.

Okay -- I cut up a 100% cotton t-shirt that was in my closet that I will never ever wear...it gave me a small bit of satisfaction to cut it up and put it to use.

I selected a few plain fingers that I won't really miss...there are a lot of plain ones...and took them all to my chair to watch some mindless tv and try to figure it out.
YAY -- it pretty much works!  The spikes will be light enough to stand up/out/away from the soft t-shirt material and the stuffing inside.

I am going to try some variations today and see what happens...a sort of a sampler.

I will be working towards making a creature (all hand sewn) and (hopefully) embellished with colored stitches.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...