Saturday, September 1, 2012

2012/365 - Day 245

distressing a frame

On Friday I will be taking my entries for the Collage, Assemblage, and Construction Art exhibition to Lowell, MI.  In the meantime, I need to do something to the frame for my collage.

 This is the original frame that came with the canvas that I altered.  Well, actually, it is the frame for the other painting that I bought on the same day...they are pretty much the same except this is silver and blue and the other is gold and brown...both have cream linen on the inner frame.






 I started by thinking I was going to paint cobalt teal squares all around the linen...but that soon got out of hand and I made it all one solid color, then I dry brushed the thinnest silver part.

The collage looked pretty good in the newly painted frame but the paint was a little bit too stark for me.  I felt like it was fighting for attention with the collage.

You know how much I love my alcohol inks in the spray bottles.  I pulled out the denim and the slate.  I spritzed the denim on first and then put the sprayer into the teensy bottle of slate and spritzed that on as well.

This is being done in the hallway because I am using the light from the skylight in the bathroom to try and see some actual color.  (I laid it out on the back of another repurposed
collage-in-progress.


Well...we will have to see if the alcohol inks dry or if they disturb the ancient finish on the frame.

There were a few smeary parts in a few places, but they may work out okay.


another detail of another area

And you know what happens when I use my beloved alcohol inks, don't you?

I end up wearing more of them than what gets on the project.

Fingers crossed that this frame dries.  Then I will need to figure out how to seal it without disturbing the inks...sheesh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...