Sunday, April 1, 2012

2012/365 - Day 92

oh it is MUCH too early in the morning for plaster cloth surgery

Going through my usual morning routine...doing online crossword puzzle, checking email and Facebook, reading blog posts, minding my own business -- and my Universal collaborators/guides decide to drop in. This was at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. Gah! No choice but to cooperate.



Time for some plaster cloth surgery.













Hmmm...













Oh -- I see. I could turn the cut out piece around and insert into the hole and slant it downwards.














If it works on the front, I guess it works on the back.








"We" sat and looked at it longer. I fed the cats. I came back into the studio. There was no getting around it -- the biggest problem (out of many) was the out of alignment nose. It just wasn't sitting right on his face and it made me make one side larger and the front of the nose wider to accommodate it...and it was just too big overall.



Okay. NOW it could maybe be a better bear-like guy. Maybe. HUGE on the maybe.

And then again...maybe I will free the twirly sprinkler thing and give somebody else an ever better crown. Back when I made this thing originally, I didn't know I could easily cut metal. I also was just beginning with construction of faces.
This was a really good learning process...and I am not sure I am ready to throw the head out yet.










LOL -- is this the equivalent of blood for plaster cloth?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...