Thursday, April 26, 2012

2012/365 - Day 117

building a marsupial part six

I am seriously beginning to doubt that I will complete even "stage one" of the marsupial in time for the EBSQ "Marsupials and Other Australian Oddities" online art show.



The hands and arms are proving to be a whole lot trickier than I would have imagined.

I am trying to give the aluminum foil covered styrofoam packing material arms a little bit of shape and make the hand attach as part of that instead of doing it all separately.  I think that the plaster cloth step and attaching the hand/arm will go better if this is one piece.

So far today/this evening I have only gotten this far with the one 3-piece section.  I am trying to shape as I go along.




 



This is the three-piece section lightly taped in place.

I am also trying to figure out how the arm/shoulder will look.  I don't want the elbows poking waaaaaay out to the side, either.

I just don't know.


I will figure it out...just not tonight.















Tonight I still need to do laundry, pack, and GO TO BED AT A REASONABLE HOUR because Ruth and I are taking a road trip to South Haven tomorrow to go to the opening reception for the newest Art-o-mat machine.  I am SO excited!  I need to start winding down early so I can sleep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish I could hop in the car and go with you. Take lots of pictures, Took.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...