Tuesday, April 3, 2012

2012/365 - Day 94

a working-in-the-studio kind of day

(and day two of trying to get the hang of this new way of posting to the blog -- gah!)

 

I am really enjoying Rob Brezsny's Free Will Astrology Capricorn horoscope for this week:

 "I couldn't wait for success," said rich and famous comedian Jonathan Winters, "so I went ahead without it." I love that approach, and I suggest you try it out. Is there any area of your life that is held captive by an image of perfection? Consider the possibility that shiny concepts of victory and progress might be distracting you from doing the work that will bring you meaning and fulfillment. If you're too busy dreaming of someday attaining the ideal mate, weight, job, pleasure, and community, you may miss out on the imperfect but amazing opportunities that are available right now.

 Okay...with my horoscope in mind, I am working in the studio today.  I am just doing small bits here and there, with the hopes of clearing the big studio table where I do the plaster cloth.  I started on it last night but didn't get very far.  




 While I was working I came across this bottle of Raw Umber Glaze by Golden. 













 
I decided I would try to tone down the overall look of the horse guy in canvas #6. 

It is kind of subtle in some places and more pronounced in others, depending on what kind of paper(s) were under it.



 

Here is how the collage looks overall.

I also added the Glaze to the bottom of the giraffe/llama's dress to darken it.








So, I am finally at the end of this entry!  I really HATE this "improvement" -- if I had wanted to use a different blogging site, I would have.  I really loved the simplicity that used to be Blogger.  It only takes about twice as long to do it this way and it is very, very clumsy.  The old version was great.  Oh well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...