Friday, October 28, 2011

365 Day 301

repurpose-ing cigar box lids and test prints

I have a number of cigar box lids that Leann Meixner gave to me. Tonight I am beginning to repurpose three more of them.




This box lid is a long rectangle.
















I used one of my test prints for my block print called "Kitsune" and wrapped the lid like a present.






















I like the images showing through the paper.












This almost looks like it could be made into the cover of a book or sketchbook or something.
















Here is another one of the cigar box lids. I love the bright yellow color with red wood grain pattern.



















I tore around the image and glued it to the lid.
















Again, I really like seeing the images and words coming through the white areas on the test print.










One more box lid tonight.















I almost like this just as it is. I like the colors and the border on the lid.



I have no idea how I will finish any of these yet. I just wanted to get started on them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...