Sunday, October 23, 2011

365 Day 296

un-fuzzing yarn -- and -- trying something new

This morning I did more prep work for the Tookies. I usually do this step individually with each Tooky (and I also usually do the soft bottom edge at the same time) but today I was thinking I could go in a more assembly line fashion if I broke down the yarn steps, too.

For the colorful side seams I use Sensations - It's a Wrap yarn from Jo-Ann Fabrics.
I realize I am totally defeating the purpose of the yarn, but for my use I cut the fuzzy part and strip if off the strand.

















That leaves me with the soft, colorful part and creates these little cocoon-like pieces. (This time I saved the "cocoons" and gave them to Juana for use with her art.)



















This yarn comes in several colors -- I use three of them.











Here are the three color variations I use plus another colorful yarn that I don't know the name of.












And here is how that yarn looks as a side seam.

1 down, 89 to go!










Also today...




I am trying something new (for me, anyway). Ruth suggested I might try doing other things with my prints. She also gave me a basket FULL of cool stuff I can use in projects. Leann gave me the lids of the cigar boxes that she didn't use when she made her small voodoo shrines. Today I put some of these things together.








I used gel medium to secure one of my prints to the cigar box top. I like how you can see through parts of the print. I also like how the ink ran a little in places.









I also laid down some color registration dots with gel medium. You can see through those, too.















Again...using the gel medium and a little Yes! glue...I used a small section of honeycomb-like paper from the stuff that Ruth gave me.



This is not done yet...but I like how it is looking so far.

2 comments:

Leann said...

I very much like how it is looking so far!

Took said...

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...