Saturday, October 22, 2011

365 Day 295

bring on the colorful yarn!

Yay -- I fought through the Benadryl haze to finish the "holding" seams on these last 25 Tookies this afternoon. What I was planning on doing in just over two hours actually took a little over twice that long...I was like a zombie on Quaaludes. I kept nodding off -- it must've been amusing if you were looking in my windows.


















So, yay -- bring on the colorful yarns!!!














There is the bin of 90 Tookies for Art-o-mat waiting to get their colorful yarn embellishements and personalities. The 10 completed Tookies are in the bag just beyond the bin.





So that was today.

This morning, however, was also kinda odd...

Around 7:30 this morning I woke up and did the rather urgent, bleary-eyed, quick-paced, get-outta-my-way-Twink shuffle from my bedroom at the south end of the house back to my bathroom (in the studio) 41 steps away at the north end of the house. I am glad to report I made it in time...but I was pretty groggy this morning. I made the usual stop at the computer to take a first look at my email before making the coffee and darn it...that canvas was RIGHT there.

















You can see this stuff, too...right???

I mean, I don't come into the studio LOOKING for things on this canvas. Ever.














Yikes...what the heck is this?


















I thought, "okay...that was interesting...go make the coffee now."


















I sat the canvas in front of the computer, took the overall shot and...















Dayum...this guy jumped out.














hmmm











then this happened















huh?















then THIS...I know you can see this













kinda cute...but looks like he could be trouble



















okay...COFFEE...wait, what???











oh...fine.

Actually I really like this guy. He reminds me of David McPhail characters. I have a small collection of books he's authored and illustrated. My very favorite is "OH, NO, GO (a play)".








yeah, this is me first-thing in the morning after listening to the canvas -- kinda shook up -- LOL















It is getting a bit crowded on there...but I seriously doubt it is done yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...