Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 146 - 365/2014

Day One Hundred Forty-Six

Wow...this has been a very long time in the making (completing).  I think this guy is finally done.  A link to his past is here.

Photos from working on this collage from today:

First I darkened his outlines.
Next I got out the coloring materials...watercolor pencils, transparent watercolors, wax crayons, and blending chalks.
I started by coloring the shirt with a light blue watercolor pencil, then I used water and smoothed out the color...the left side shows the water smoothed color.
I added white to his sleeves with blending chalk.
And here he is so far.
I added pink blending chalk around the polka dots on his shirt to make them different from the other dots in the collage.
Next I started to add yellow blending chalk to the neck/face/ears.
I used Prismacolor pencil to add white to his eyes.
All done...I sprayed the canvas with Krylon low-odor matte spray and it didn't dull out the colors too badly.  I am happy with him!
Now comes the hard part for me...naming him/titling him.  I thought I had a frame that came with him but I can't seem to find one...oh well.  I also need to get him a frame.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...