Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 147 -- 365/2014

Day One Hundred Forty-Seven

Well, when things don't go as planned, play Yahtzee instead.

And that is exactly what we did.  My sister Sue (and my 4-legged niece Abby) came over.  Sue was going to be my second set of hands for putting the rabbit guy together this afternoon.  But even with the new and improved plans, we couldn't pull it off.  I think this is going to require more drilling (and more precise drilling) than I am capable of doing.  Even with a pilot hole as deep as the drill would go, the screw just would not go in all the way.  Joanne's husband Kurt agreed to help me with this, I guess I am going to have to call in heavier duty help than just Sue and me.

Okay...so after Sue and I got back from a late lunch/early dinner at Thai Basil in Livonia, we pulled all the stuff together and got started.


Ready to get started.
Sue's main job was to hold the rabbit guy's head off the table and to give resistance when I was pushing forward with the drill.
This is as far as the screw would go...it has about a half inch to go.  AND the screw is stripped now.
Thank goodness the screw unscrewed with a pair of pliers...it would not cooperate with the drill to unscrew it.
My four-legged niece Abby -- such a sweet, good natured, well behaved girly girl.
Let the battle begin -- we play three games at a time in a best two out of three match.
HA! -- I WON!  And I went on to win a second 3 game match!  This hardly ever happens -- Sue is generally the "Queen of Yahtzee" in these parts.

It is always a good time with Sue and Abby.  I considered doing something else art-wise tonight to make up for today's no-go project, but the Benadryl is kicking in and I am getting a bit loopy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...