My sister and I went to an estate sale this morning. The furniture was really gorgeous -- we wanted everything...a lot of it was already tagged as sold, other pieces were tagged "hold until 5pm". I ended up with three good-sized framed paintings on canvas. A lot of the larger ones were also already set aside as sold.
Too much time spent outside today has left me back in battle with allergy symptoms and Bendadryl fog. I was determined to get SOMEthing done tonight, though. I chose one of the paintings and pulled the staples out to free the canvas so I could start papering it. Man -- those staples were IN there -- and each one was double stapled...I would pull out a staple and there was another one exactly under the first one. It really made my hand hurt by the time I was done and I promised myself -- no matter what -- that I would not do any more staple pulling today/tonight.
|The three framed paintings...with more saturated colors than I am used to on these projects -- could turn out kind of cool.|
|The more ornate frame.|
|The staples in the ornately framed painting...each staple had another staple directly underneath it.|
|This is what the two smaller paintings look like on the backs...a row of three staples in sets all the way around.|
|Aha -- the first (of many) staples comes loose!|
|Setting up to get started on the papering of the painting for tonight...the one from the ornate frame.|
|The first pieces of paper have landed in the matte medium. I do not direct these.|
|Now some paper with inclusions...before the matte medium is applied on top.|
|Other papers are added.|
|I like how some of the whiter papers almost dissolve away from the inclusions...not really, but they almost become transparent while they are wet.|
|And this is how it looked at the end of this papering session...very wet. There is a lot more color than usual. I can't wait to see how it looks when it dries -- I wonder if more papers will be needed.|