Thursday, December 19, 2013

365/2013 - Day 352

finally committing to a collage guy



It took me an incredibly long time to find the first photos of this repurposed canvas, but here they are.  


Original painting from a Salvation Army store -- "before"...this was started back on December 23, 2012.
The first few pieces of art papers are applied.
The canvas and its new look -- wet.
The next time I played with the collage was around February 2 or 3 of this year and I found this dog.


Fast forward to now -- I can't believe it has been this long -- but tonight I finally tweaked this guy into a definite young dog guy.


The canvas as I first looked at it tonight.
I used Peggy's chalk trick to outline another image I saw.  It is hard to make it out, but unfocus a little and you can see the shapes within the white marks...it is like a dog woman looking downwards.
But no, the other dog fought to stay as the main character...but he needed tweaking.  Bigger circles around his eyes...change his neck, change his taller ear.  He was originally going to have a sort of pointy party hat but I couldn't see it any more.
After many changes --- ta-daaa -- here he is -- a young dog guy. 

I like him!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...