Friday, December 13, 2013

365/2013 - Day 346

cool stuff

Several things happened all around the same time today.   I went to the Northville Art House to meet up with one of the "[small] Works Exhibit" artists and talk to Joan.

And speaking of "[small] Works Exhibit" -- tomorrow is the final day of the show -- there are still many wonderful small format artworks that would be a really wonderful/thoughtful/unique holiday gift for your hard-to-surprise loved ones.  Art is also a fabulous and special gift for yourself -- you deserve it!  This is a cash-and-carry show, so you get to take your new art home with you right then.

The hours tomorrow are 1:00 - 5:00 and the phone number for more information is (248) 344-0497.   The Northville Art House is located at 215 W. Cady, Northville, MI, 48167.

Carla came by to say hello!  It was good to see Carla, and to chat about "[small] Works Exhibit" because Carla was in charge of the exhibit last year...it was great to hear her comments on this year's show.
Brenda Beene Shackleford came in to pick up her two pieces.
There has been a good amount of sales at this show -- hopefully we will get a few more tomorrow -- the final day of the exhibit.  These small works would make a really wonderful gift -- or be a super gift to yourself!
On the way home I had a couple of errands to do, including stopping at Hiller's Market.  Oh boy, Channel 4 News was in the parking lot.
I was very happy to see that the crew was there to do stories about the Salvation Army -- there is a kettle in the lobby and the band was there in uniforms.
On the way out of the store they were still there.  It looked like maybe they were also talking to groups who are involved with volunteering.
And tonight I finally got around to gathering up all of the various animal and people magazine images I have.  I want to sort them better.  I might have enough images to match up to do the 100 blocks for Art-o-mat without needing to go through more magazines.  I still have all kinds of cutting to do and then the collages need to be constructed and phrases need to be selected for each collage.  Yeah...I am still in the early early early stages of this process.
And I changed my mind about those shelves I had cut and that I painted...the ones I was going to put my vinyl toy collections on.  I am still going to do that, but now I am going to put them up in the wet studio rather than in my studio bathroom...because I started to put my ceramic tiles collection up in there instead.
And Joan gave me a small box of the new Winter/Spring classes to stuff and bring back tomorrow.  I am very happy to do this sort of volunteer job -- I like the repetition and rhythm...I really, really do.  And I especially like that I was able to bring these home to work on tonight -- I can get comfortable in my chair in front of tv and they will be done in no time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...