Sunday, September 29, 2013

365/2013 - Day 271

what a relief!

Man -- I am so NOT computery.  It took me all day -- and I mean ALL day -- but I finally figured out how to do a slide show on my computer.  Now I can have the three jurors for the "[small] Works Exhibit" come to my house to view the entries instead of trying to cram us into Joan's office at the NAH to use her computer.  I sincerely thank Joan for considering doing that to accommodate me on just one more thing...but now I really can do this at home.

AND I practiced taking my computer out to the big dining room table and starting from scratch and it all worked!  I also learned how to change the settings and use the zoom-in thing and the navigator thing to inspect details on a jpg.  AND I made sure I knew how to change the file names and have them show up correctly in the slide show view.  While I was at it, I made notes for myself as I did everything just so I don't forget something by the 9th.


I practiced with a few of the images from the "Under the (Inspired) Influence" show and the example I am using for the zoomy stuff and full screen is called "Numen & Genius" by Juana Moore and it is used by permission (not all the file info was accurate, just practicing).  Thanks, Juana!



I cannot even begin to tell you what a gigantic relief this is.  It is such a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but now it is something I know how to do and I can feel confident about doing another juror viewing down the road when I need to.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...