Friday, September 13, 2013

365/2013 - Day 255

chugga chugga, chugga chugga -- screeeeech -- derailed

I went to Ace to get screws and they had a big revolving display of sample-sized Benjamin Moore paint for a buck each -- damn, I couldn't resist...I may go back for more tomorrow.

Anyway -- I brought the stuff home and Twink decided he loved the little jars -- and he wasn't even 'nipped!  Goofy cat.



I set up all of my parts tonight to put the plaster cloth rabbit guy's bases/legs together but then I was derailed after the wood started spinning when I tried to drill the screw in on the first leg and then on the second leg the wood reeaaally took off and I got really unnerved and now I have that deep inside fine trembling in my hands and arms -- because I got scared.  I'm disappointed to be done for the night.  I think maybe my pilot holes were not wide enough but I wanted the screws to be tight in the wood, not wiggly.  I am going to have to beg for help from someone who is handier with tools.  I can figure out how I want things but from now on I think I may need to always have someone else do the drilling and screwing...at least the drilling.  Oh well.  I can do everything else. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...