Saturday, September 14, 2013

365/2013 - Day 256

a visit to the Art House and later...sewing

I stopped by the Northville Art House today to view the exhibit for September -- "Dimorphism" --  a solo show by Terry Lee Dill.  The work is beautiful.  Pen and ink with gold leaf...painstakingly detailed architectural structures that you can get lost in.  Gorgeous.  I didn't even try to take any close shots -- it would not do them justice.  The show runs until September 28 during regular hours: Wednesday - Saturday from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.  Call (248) 344-0497 for more information.



I ran some errands and then settled in tonight to do some sewing on the small spikey guy.  I can never believe just how much time goes into doing this limb attaching process.  I only got one leg done.  The color changing fabric is incredibly resistant to the needle and it takes forever to make all of those stitches.  I'm not complaining, just saying.  And it is cool because that leg is not going to come loose any time soon, but the joint is pretty flexible...the leg swings easily.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...