Tuesday, September 17, 2013

365/2013 - Day 259

I've come to that point for today

That point I said I was going to have to listen to myself about...I am pretty happy with what I have done so far today and I am not going to push it.  I didn't even know I was going to be working on this guy today.

I liked the Atomic Fireball Happy Hour guy at the time I made him, but I didn't love him.  I always knew he would eventually need to change.  I wasn't happy with the placement of his ears, the insect-like look of his face/eyes/nose.  I like his color and I love the base...but that's about it.


his "before" shot from earlier this year
oh snap -- note to self -- don't pick him up by the antler and try to lift him over other things in the messy, messy studio
look -- this thing snaps right off -- after that happened I started to notice all of the other hairline fractures and bumps and dings he has -- he really needs a makeover
saw marks on his ears
maybe you can't hear me so good
adding cut up heavy plastic outer wrappers from paper products to round off his head shape
I like him better already!
Time for a break.
back at it later this evening -- "don't make me cut off your eyes!"
Although he looks a little cartoony right now, I like him much better without those big dark eyes.
Padding his nose -- oh yeah...much better.
Still a LONG way to go, but I need to listen to that voice that is saying "enough...I'm done for tonight."
This guy is no kind of creature in particular...he is just some sort of antlered/horned beast of a Happy Hour guy...the Atomic Fireball has kind of disappeared.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...