First, here are some shots of how the Unryu paper (in forest green) dried on the beast. I like it. I will need to do more painting on him, but for now I am very pleased with the results.
I had to put the beast behind my monitor so I would quit touching the surface while he dried overnight.
Even the "problem" area on his left rear leg looks good.
It is so hard to get the little point-and-shoot camera to "see" what I am seeing...it distorts the angles quite a bit when I get in too close...but you can sort of get the feeling for how the forest green paper has blended with the original paint layers and gives a whole new layer to the other paper.
The Unryu paper smoothed into the dips and creases pretty darn well!
Yep...overall I am very pleased (so far).
And now, for the surprise...
Fellow blogger/artist Bridget McAlonan nominated me for Versatile Blogger Award. I read Bidget's blog and we have some mutual Facebook friends and a mutual real life friend. I've never heard of this award, but it is pretty fun to be a recipient of it!
There are guidelines/rules for this award -- and you know how I am about following rules -- so here goes:
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Next, select 5 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 5 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
1. Elin Waterston and her wonderful blog will . love . logic -- this is where I finally decided I needed to do my own 365-blog. I first met Elin through Art-o-mat.
2. William Hessian and his boundless imagination/enthusiasm/energy/talent at his main blog Bearded Bunny Blog. Among countless other things, William is a fellow Arto-artist and the creator of the Miniature Art Hunt...coming to Northville June 22-23! (This is Bridget/my mutual real life friend.)
3. Woodie Anderson and her always delightful blog: taste kills creativity. Woodie is another fellow Arto-artist...and you really must check out her Etsy shop!
4. Leann Meixner and her ever entertaining blog Leannderthal. Leann is another real life friend and amazing artist and eraser carver...as well as a future Arto-artist. (hmmm...a theme is beginning to develop here...)
5. Juana Moore and her jam-packed Clea's Cave -- Juana is another real life friend (and hey, Arto-artist) and incredible artist. Juana was the first person I knew with a blog. We have collaborated on many Arto-blocks and we are Magic: the Gathering players, too. And here is a link to the blog for the Arto-series Juana and I collaborate on: Penciled In. (on a side note...William and I are collaborating on an edition of Penciled In, and I am also making a DIY version)
And here you go, Bridget...7 things about me:
- I am a triple Capricorn and most of the things you hear about Capricorns really apply to me -- except for the being good with money and the love of history.
- I love to turn my tongue blue...cotton candy, jawbreakers, bubble gum, popsicles, candy canes, etc.
- I wear mismatched pajamas almost 24/7. I only get "dressed" when I have to.
- I don't mind dental work because I * love * nitrous oxide. Seriously.
- I am afraid of real life rabbits.
- I love to spin in circles.
- I really hate being outside.