I added more sections of paper to the beast. It is drying nicely, but now I am not so sure how I feel about the overall look of it. I like the colors. I like the paper and the inclusions in it. But now I think that it is looking (to me) like the plain plaster cloth almost. Whatever happens, I know I am going to have to paint him, too.
How he looked when I started out today.
It kept feeling like the paper needed to be extended further and further...now it looks like he has on a horse blanket/cooler or something.
And then it looked like I should add paper to the top of his head.
I played with the color around his eyes a bit and I like these lines...I wasn't able to repeat them on the other eye...I tried three times...but they kept coming out wide and blotchy.