Thursday, August 18, 2011

365 Day 230

okay, not this...but back to the drawing board (perhaps)

Today I have been working on putting together a hand drawn landscape with the thought of making it as a linocut carving.

This is the block from last week that I wasn't all that happy with.













This is a landscape that I drew.











I decided to transfer the drawing onto the linocut block because I don't want to waste the block.











Admittedly, it is a mess and a bit hard to see, but this is what i
t looked like after the transfer.














Here I used a Sharpie to darken the lines.














I started to mark out what I would want to be solid and what would be carved out...but I'm just not in love with it. I am not feeling this -- at least not in this form or maybe just not as a linocut carving.

Or maybe it is that I don't like this size for this drawing? This block is 6" x 9". Maybe I'd like a trio of smaller format carvings?

I'm still not sure. I fried a few brain cells with the fumes from that Sharpie and I am done with this for tonight. I am going to keep thinking about it though.

Oh...and the block isn't completely wrecked...I can still use it for something else.

I am still not totally convinced that I am done with the possibility of submitting a landscape for that show. Not yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...