Saturday, January 22, 2011

KT Goodlove 171

I couldn't understand my surroundings.

Wow. This one was really baffling to me. Again, I didn't have a clue what the images were about and I scanned the "before" view horizontally.

I asked several of my friends what they thought the pair of things are and they didn't know. I even wrote to Kettle for some kind of hint/clarification and he also didn't know or remember what they were. He said he remembered painting them, but couldn't tell me what he thought they were...perhaps salt & pepper shakers. He said that whatever I ended up doing with them would be "right".

So -- I gave this one a lot of thought and worked with some of the Animal People that I had pre-assembled and this is what I came up with. I think the pair of things are some sort of garden sculptures or monuments.

KT Goodlove is the collaborative collage series that Kettle and I make for Art-o-mat. Kettle paints on the block and then I add my paper bits. This is #171.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...