Friday, January 7, 2011

365 Day 7

Finger Puppet prep work



"All Ears" is one of the finger puppet series I made for Art-o-mat. I am about to start on another version of finger puppets and I had to do all of the prep work today.

















I use those "magic" expanding knit gloves and cut off the wristbands, cut off the thumbs and then cut the remaining 4 fingers into two sets of 2. I have very limited sewing skills so I need to have a good base to start with and these gloves are just perfect for stuffing and sewing and then embellishing as finger puppets.

I gathered up all the yarns I use and found all of the little buttons and needles and thread.

I sorted out the kid gloves from adult gloves and put the thumbs into their own container.

I know it doesn't sound like I did very much, but it is one of those things I have been putting off and needed to do before I can really get started designing a new character. I started doing this at around 4 and it is just now 8 o'clock. Whew!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...