Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 300 - 365/2014

Day Three Hundred

Today my most wonderful friend Andi came over to help me in the studio and move things around for me.  I can't get up on a ladder (or even step stool) or climb the ladder/stairs to the loft anymore.  It is also getting hard to make a lot of repeated trips to the basement and Andi is eager to help me.  I cannot express my deep, deep appreciation enough.

Andi started bringing the stuff up from the basement that was going into the studio.



This is where I left off last night...I managed to drag the table into the studio but I couldn't stand it up by myself...too tight of a space.


Andi and I stood the table up -- just enough room!




Then I started handing the stuff up to Andi and she moved the things up to the loft and then moved the clock.



Next we brought in the white cubby cabinet...some of the plaster cloth boxes fit into the cubbies!



Ta-daaaaaaa -- I can't believe it!  I've got my studio back again!



Now it was time to get to work on the mannequin.
Sizing up the situation.
Andi held the head in position for me so I could see how it needed to be adjusted/where the neck needed to be added to.
This mannequin is one of the headless ones and if we put the goatish head directly on it, it was looking down too far.
There was about this much of a gap to fill.
Another view.
I quickly sawed a chunk of a pool noodle and it did the trick.
Andi held the head in place as I taped all around it until it was secure enough to let go.



At this point the head was pretty secure and Andi stayed on the step stool and I cut tape strips and she put them on.
Wow -- a job well done (with MUCH help).
How he looks with the arms and head on.
Yep -- this is going to be the biggest project I have made so far.
We took the goatish guy into the studio and now Andi takes the arms in and puts them under the table.



Whoa -- I felt SO relieved -- like a giant weight had been lifted off of me.  I am so very lucky to have such a wonderful friend as Andi.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!


I was able to cross all of the stuff off of the to-do list!



After Andi left I moved the Walking Chair and wall art around a bit.
This is where the white cubby cabinet was.
I want to have the chair be down at this end of the room so I can see it all the time.
I moved that wall art to the other space.
Protecting the chair with bins full of magazines until the cats get used to it being in this spot.
All done!
 And then I went into the wet studio and put a few things into the cubby cabinet and then just sat there and admired our hard work...now I can really start to get back to working on plaster cloth guys.



Ha ha ha -- it kind of looks like the goatish guy is set up as an autopsy.
Wow -- it is SO good to have a work space again! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...