Well...that was a learning experience. I half-started working on my bowling pin without a firm (or even semi-firm) idea of what I wanted to do. I tried sketching on the paper cut outs and it just wasn't helping so I decided to just take the plunge and get the "feel" of the shape of the pin. Several hours -- and several plaster cloth sessions -- later I pretty much ended up back at square one...but at least I have a better understanding of what I need to do now.
|I had to make a few larger paper cut outs...the littler ones were too little. No matter, I needed more actual hands-on time with the pin.|
|Step one -- tape it.|
|Done...and getting a sort of a "feel" for the shape and heft of the pin.|
|Leann's husband Mark passed these way cool colored glass radio parts on to me a while back...I was thinking I might be able to use them for this guy.|
|Dunno...I will give them a try...oh, and this is session number two.|
|This is the alarming end of session number two -- yikes! Time to pull all of that stuff off.|
|Beginning of session three -- I was able to pull it all off down to the pin. Now to repair the simple first layer and think some more.|
|A little later...thinking I better try to make a form to plaster cloth over...I seem to work better that way.|
|Geez -- not for lack of trying! I know now what I need to do, anyway.|
|I found a way to suspend the pin so that the bottom can dry out. Enough for today!|
Okay...that is quite enough for tonight...my hands are killing me...not from the plaster cloth but from trying to squeeze aluminum foil into hard shapes...gah. At least I got through the first try -- and found that for me to be happy with this guy I need to not make an elongated face down the front of the pin.