I was thinking today that maybe I could use a head from a plaster cloth guy that I started a long time ago for the head of the male mannequin (that I got yesterday at the non-garage sale).
I took a photo of the mannequin and also of the working dog and the tiger-like guy. Then I printed them and cut them out to see if they looked like they might work.
I like the tiger-y head a lot, but I was happier with the dog head for this so I thought I would cut it off of its base and try it out on the mannequin...heh...not as easy as I was hoping.
|Wow -- there was much more resistance once I cut through than I was expecting!|
|It just didn't want to give in!|
|Ah...this is what was causing me problems...a second neck inside the first one.|
|Gah -- AND -- masking tape over a plastic bin.|
|HAH!!! I won!|
|No...this dog head is not quite right...it looks more like a dog/pig hybrid...it needs a lot more work than I want to do AND that will make it too big for this body.|
But -- of course, there is always a "but" -- I need to cut away that roundy part. Gah -- more sawing!
Man -- that really wore me out...and it is about to rain...
Dammit! I will have to figure out what exactly is inside of this guy...but for this second, I think I can balance the head on the shoulders for one more quick photo before the skies open up...
Okay -- here comes the rain. I will probably have to really come up with a new neck, and the shape of the head needs more work, but I think I like this much better than the dog. This is going to be a massive project!