Friday, March 28, 2014

Day 87 - 365/2014

Day Eighty-Seven

More progress on the hatchling guy.

This is the rest of the old Devil's Fingers vine that used to be antlers on the Atomic Fireball Happy Hour guy.  The tape is joining two sections.
Tonight I wrapped the end of the tail section with more Scott paper rags and tape...then I put on lots and lots of plaster cloth.  I also added a small paper-only section to tip of the tail to finish it off and make one last curve.
And when I was nearly done I received the suggestion to add one more free form paper-only section to really curl the tip of the tail.
And this is how it turned out.
I think I figured out (earlier today) that I will display him with a section of his lower body flat against the wall with a couple of secure wires...those still need to be added.  This is how he looks flat against the wall.
And then one more shot with him more stable on the chair.

I am pretty happy with this guy's progress so far.  I hope the last sections will be as solid as I am expecting them to be.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...