Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 61 - 365/2014

Day Sixty-One

On Thursday I smashed my left pinkie finger between the doors of the refrigerator and freezer as I closed the 'fridge and opened the freezer.  Today I am reminded that even though the swelling has left completely (it is still really bruised) my finger isn't back to normal.  

Doing the slightest bit of "too much" whether it is repetitive movements, typing, going outside in the cold, etc. my finger goes dead easily.  All the blood is cut off and it is cold, totally numb...dead.  I have problems with circulation in my hands as it is...but this is pretty unreal.


dead finger
revived finger

After a bit of working with it I can "revive" it...but it takes an amazing amount to get it to come back.

I think I am going to be very mindful of my activities today.  I am going to mostly work around the house.  Maybe I will poke at projects throughout the day/evening, but surely not enough to post about.  Maybe I can work on cleaning up areas of the studios.

It is something you'd never think about but man, I sure would hate to lose feeling in that finger forever.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...