Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 84 - 365/2014

Day Eighty-Four

Yay, a small (long overdue) triumph...and wet plaster cloth!

This morning my sister Sue and I finally took all of the Second Thursday supplies/materials purge items to The Scrap Box in Ann Arbor.  Between the hideous winter and coordinating our available days it has taken us way too long to do something that only took about an hour or so.  Ann Arbor isn't that far...it just feels far because it is mostly highway driving...the kind of deer-at-the-side-of-the-road or long-car-trip kind of highway driving vs city highway driving...big open spaces vs lots of exits and traffic.


guest bathroom -- before
guest bathroom -- after -- that is ONE box of framing/matting stuff that I am keeping...I just didn't move it yet.
the longer view -- before
the longer view -- after

Whew -- what a relief!

And before it got dark tonight I wanted to work on the plaster cloth hatchling guy a little bit.  I wanted to use the available light from the skylight in Studio B.  I worked on him from 6-7 (which may not seem like a long time, but me working standing up doing wet plaster cloth work for one hour is pretty much equal to me cutting images while sitting in my recliner for two hours).


before
during -- I wrapped those Scott paper rags around him to give him some instant bulk.
after -- I am pretty happy with how he is coming along.
I have areas to work on that are flat and the curves need to be a little curvier...but overall, this was a good session.

I like this guy again.  There is much to figure out for his tail and how I will eventually display him but I don't need to think about that just yet.  It is still pretty early, but my back and legs are telling me I'm done for the night...I had hoped to work on that new canvas/collage some more tonight...but, nope.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...