Tuesday, January 1, 2013

365/2013 - Day 1

working in spurts

I worked at various things today in spurts.  My orthopedic appointment is still a week away and I am limited to what I can do physically.  In many ways, these last few days have been a challenge.

Today was a day of tidying up the blog, organizing and sorting things in the studio, gathering thoughts and ideas for the 2nd Thursday group that I would like to introduce (very minor structural tweaks), and making two more Tookies finger puppets.  

I set a production goal for myself for this batch of 100 Tookies finger puppets for Art-o-mat.  I have to make at least one puppet a day, but no more than 10.  I need to pace myself this time so that I don't fall behind but I also don't overwork my hands.








In the studio I made some de-cluttering progress by sorting:
  • small hand tools
  • paintbrushes
  • little canvases
  • stretch animals
  • plastic jumping frogs
  • tubes of acrylic paint
  • various objects for plaster cloth

I also stacked numerous boxes of Art-o-mat art (that need to be sorted out -- inventory, pieces for demos, my own collection, etc.)  Empty Art-o-mat boxes were also put into the storage closet.
 


AND -- another minor achievement -- I made a small path so that I can walk all the way up to the metal racks in the very back corner of the studio behind my desk.  (I had to stretch to reach over things before...not a very smart for my knee.)



Well -- it doesn't look like much, but I was busy all day.  It is a start!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...