I worked at various things today in spurts. My orthopedic appointment is still a week away and I am limited to what I can do physically. In many ways, these last few days have been a challenge.
Today was a day of tidying up the blog, organizing and sorting things in the studio, gathering thoughts and ideas for the 2nd Thursday group that I would like to introduce (very minor structural tweaks), and making two more Tookies finger puppets.
I set a production goal for myself for this batch of 100 Tookies finger puppets for Art-o-mat. I have to make at least one puppet a day, but no more than 10. I need to pace myself this time so that I don't fall behind but I also don't overwork my hands.
In the studio I made some de-cluttering progress by sorting:
- small hand tools
- little canvases
- stretch animals
- plastic jumping frogs
- tubes of acrylic paint
- various objects for plaster cloth
I also stacked numerous boxes of Art-o-mat art (that need to be sorted out -- inventory, pieces for demos, my own collection, etc.) Empty Art-o-mat boxes were also put into the storage closet.
AND -- another minor achievement -- I made a small path so that I can walk all the way up to the metal racks in the very back corner of the studio behind my desk. (I had to stretch to reach over things before...not a very smart for my knee.)
Well -- it doesn't look like much, but I was busy all day. It is a start!