I tried fighting it...but it was finally easier to give in and do what I was feeling like I had to do. I am not sure how helpful it is overall, but now I am really worn out and satisfied and I can probably go to bed a lot earlier tonight.
My Universal collaborators were poking at me so I ended up having to poke at the black sheep-creature. In sketches and in my head I have been leaning more towards the solid-color young camel-like creature. Here is how it went for the last couple of hours...
how it started out
I tried to think of how I could add a hump shape
I thought the nuts container would sit easier on the creature's back if I sawed the side off of the container. I had no idea just how handy this saw was going to turn out to be when I originally bought it to saw metal rods off of the tomato cages.
saw...saw...saw...but more quickly than the plastic...
okay...but I can't see the humpy shape so well...gotta work on it some more
|while I was cutting and re-cutting and taping...|
|...this started to remind me of something else -- duh! -- but it also meant a trip down to the basement...dammit|
|duhrrrrrrr -- but I am NOT cutting more metal tonight!|
|...but geez...it sure makes the hump shape smoother!|
|I put the cardboard hump back on but couldn't picture it...so I had to cover it all up to look solid|
|another temporary view|
|hmmm...I might be starting to "get" it...needs lots more work, but not tonight|
Man -- it is SO frustrating to me on nights like this when the blog template doesn't match up when I load on the photos and I have to figure out a different way of doing things...on top of trying to get my ideas onto the page before I forget what I did. Just sayin'.
But now it is done...I fooled around with the creature and the hump(s) and I got around the photo/words hiccup...and blogged it...now I can start to wind down and go to bed. YAY!