Thursday, January 24, 2013

365/2013 - Day 24

plaster cloth to the rescue

Tonight I need a "job" where I can sit and work.  I am really hurting again today and I just cannot stand to do anything.

I settled on dragging this guy into the "plaster cloth studio" and covering his fill-in layer.

I cut a whole lot of long strips of plaster cloth -- the way they come out of the box -- and just sat and applied one on top of the next until I made my way around this tiger-ish guy four times.  Then I connected the "shoulders" and head by putting a couple of strips around his neck to cover up the old orange paper.  You can still see the orange on his ears, but that's okay for now.

In photo #2 you can see the sort of thing that is underneath all of the masking tape...this was the first project where I decided to fill in the gaps and empty spaces with wadded up plastic wrappings and least they won't end up in a garbage dump or landfill (right away).

This stage of the tiger-ish guy isn't meant to be anything in particular, I was just tired of looking at the masking tape.  Hopefully this will stiffen all of that stuff up and make it solid enough to add on to later on.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...