Thursday, January 17, 2013

365/2013 - Day 17

photos from late, late last night (which was actually today)...

Today I had knee physical rehab session number two -- on both knees...owww...a little more range of motion, a lot of stretching and stuff I can keep doing at home...but I don't think it would be good to do a whole lot of standing/working on plaster cloth tonight again.  

SO --

Here are photos taken after yesterday's blog entry...the work was chronologically done today but I personally don't count it as today because it was still "last night" to me because I hadn't gone to bed and gotten up again yet...but this is today's blog entry.

Session Number One:  approximately 12:15 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.
Attaching the wooden balls with the flat bottoms to the legs.


This is one of the back legs...this is the one that had the biggest gap(s) to fill in.

pre-taped and ready to go


starting to fill in the big gap(s) one


I worked on all of them at once...I usually do things individually...but I wanted to try it this way...plus, I needed to keep them evenly drying.


the one that needed the most filling in -- all filled in






the one that needed the least amount of filling in -- all filled in



letting the wooden balls dry (for a little while) in place
















Session Number Two:  approximately 3:30 a.m. to 5:15 a.m.
Attaching the head to the salt container and then attaching the head/neck to the body.


getting ready to tape the head to the salt container in just a couple of spots...but also taping the whole salt container


taped container and protecting the original glass eyes with tape















the first plaster cloth triangle to hold the head to the salt container...I didn't want to pre-tape too much here so that the plaster cloth would make the connection instead of the tape...just in case










quickly adding the first couple of plaster cloth triangles to steady the still-wet head/neck assembly to the body...kinda tricky to take photos at the same time and work one-handed holding the head/neck in place...I need an unpaid intern studio assistant















yay -- it is staying on -- and he isn't thrown too off-balance with the addition of the head/neck!  (something I hadn't thought about)




















another view















I poked the original ears into a new position -- totally temporary














another ears view -- kinda cute but a little too deer-y maybe


the ears may be in a decent location, I am just not so sure about the shape of the ears yet 














I can't truly express how happy I am to be working with plaster cloth again.  I am sorry the cats (mainly Bootsy) busted this guy up so much, but I am kind of glad to have temporarily kicked them out of the cat room and set up this little plaster cloth station.  I need to do something about the lighting, though.  

And really, these two cats don't used the catwalks and loft very much.  Twink walks across the main board and looks out the skylight sometimes...Bootsy occasionally follows Twink up there but doesn't venture out very far.  They DO use the cat furniture and comfy chair in that room a lot.  They have another cat tower in the dining room and several chairs in the first room by the front entrance -- it's not like they are deprived or anything.   
(Okay, I feel a bit better now...LOL)

2 comments:

Joan Thomas said...

I saw your lights on at 5:30 a.m. when I drove by. I should have stopped in! : )

Took said...

LOL -- You would have totally startled me, but yeah -- you should've!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...