I think maybe I figured out the new shape of the black sheep-creature. But I still need to change the shape of the face, too...and now it is not looking like such a young creature anymore...so it will just be a creature that is camel-like. I think.
I discovered tonight that those metallic vent pieces can be cut with scissors. No need to saw them or use tin snips...yay! I would be plaster cloth-ing the hump tonight, but I need to figure out how to fill in the space/gap underneath the newly cut curvy metallic shape.
I am also not even going to try to fight with the blogger form to put the text next to the photos...I will just load the photos.
I am fairly pleased with the overall shapes of the back and muzzle. The tuck underneath the creature by his hind legs is not quite right for a camel, but he didn't start out as one. Also, his legs don't have anywhere near the right shape and joints...no biggie. My main goal was to make a new creature using the form of the original black sheep as a sort of armature.