Thursday, October 18, 2012

2012/365 - Day 292

turning fingers into spikes

Tonight I am sewing parts for the stuffed creature I am making for the Holly Dolly Fundraiser to benefit Paint Creek Center for the Arts in Rochester, MI.

From the PCCA website:

Paint Creek Center for the Arts presents Holly Dolly, a silent auction fundraiser event. Guests will be able to bid on artist-made dolls and soft toys. All proceeds support PCCA’s Exhibition Program. The auction items – from dolls and soft toys, to stuffed animals and plushies – are made and donated to PCCA by Michigan artists.
Join us for this festive occasion, where guests will be treated to hors d’oeuvres, desserts and refreshments, and enjoy an evening of holiday fun as you bid on silent auction items and have a chance to take home a doll or soft toy. Tickets for the Holly Dolly Fundraiser are $20 ($15 for PCCA members).


Although I still don't know (and I won't really know until I start making it) what it will be exactly, I do know I want to incorporate leftover fingers from the gloves that I use to make Tookies finger puppets.


I have a LOT of these to make and I am a bit surprised by how long it takes to do each one.  What concerns me is that they could come apart if a kid or a pet gets a hold of it, you know?  They are probably just fine, but I need to feel good about them.


I will blog more about the event as it gets closer, but for now --  back to work!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...