Sunday, October 7, 2012

2012/365 - Day 281

new project

That should probably be new project/distraction.

I am not totally sure of the details for this, but I know we are to make something out of this cool plain artist's manikin.  I thought it was going to be one of the mini ones, but this guy is 12" tall!




Two years ago Carla and Peggy participated in this project.  I know it is a auction fundraiser for a Novi (MI) arts group but I'm not totally who/what.  And there is also the possibility of them being displayed somewhere.  I will blog more details as I go along.  


This is a pose on the box the manikin came in.  Pretty cool, but you know I have to mess around with it.





Jazz Hands guy



















Prancy Guy -- I like this one a lot.

















"Damn these hooves!" Guy -- another favorite.















I am fairly sure I will plaster cloth the manikin.  Whether I pose it and then plaster cloth him forever into that position or maybe plaster cloth each section and leave the joints exposed (or some of them) ... not sure just yet.  I like that he comes on a stand already -- I hope I can keep him balanced once the plaster cloth goes on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool project. How did you find out about this?

Carla said...

bahaha! Love your different poses! Esp prancing guy! I love even more thinking how many you put him in before uploading only 3 for the blog ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...