Friday, November 7, 2014

Day 311 - 365/2014

Day Three Hundred Eleven

I will absolutely still be finishing this rabbit guy at some point...but tonight I am officially releasing myself from any thoughts that I can complete him by a certain upcoming deadline.  There.  I feel much better now.

Here are the photos from tonight.

The main problem is that one eye is more sunken than the other.  This was one of my first attempts at using glass one point I popped out the first set and then made plaster cloth eyes before replacing them with the ones he has now.  I didn't have a feel yet for "aiming" the eyes and also, I built this head from scratch (rather than covering a roundish object).  This is most likely fixable, just not yet.
I first started working on this guy a couple of years ago when I was still in the long learning process of plaster cloth building.  Not that I am all that much more proficient now...but back then I was really finding my way.  What is now the rabbit guy had a few pretty disturbing here...and then his ears really grew here.  And I believe he sat pretty much like that for quite a long time.  I don't remember -- and I don't feel like going through the blog any farther tonight -- when exactly I started working on him again, but he has been in progress for a couple of years...waiting for another few months (probably) isn't going to hurt him any and I just might even come up with a way to fix his face/eyes...who knows.  

On to the next guy in line!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...