Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Day 308 - 365/2014

Day Three Hundred Eight

I was going to try to allow myself to slide by with merely first layering the other side of the bowling pin cat-creature...but it really wasn't enough work for tonight.

Now the whole bowling pin cat-creature has it's entire first layer of tissue on it.  Time to start thinking of how I am going to finish him.

The rabbit guy needed some tweaking and I also needed to decide whether he will get a tail or not.  I printed out a couple of Wonderland White Rabbit drawings that show a tail...I am still on the fence about it.  I also marked the area that for sure needs to have plaster cloth added to fill in the low spots.

Naturally, once I started working on him and filled in the initial area I could feel other small spots that needed tweaking...so I just tried to level it all out and/or round off areas...and then it turned into I-might-as-well-get-his-hands-put-in-while-I'm-at-it.  The hands part was something I needed to work on pretty quickly once I started, so I couldn't really take many photos...I needed to keep each area wet and slippery and I swore I wouldn't muck up this camera with plaster cloth slime.

The hands went in pretty well with a lot of breath holding.  I needed to build up the inside of the sleeves a little because they were still just the bare cardboard tubes and needed to be thicker, and the wrists were deliberately left thin when I made the hands so that I could adjust them as I went along when this time rolled around.  Anyway...fast work...no individual process/step-by-step pictures...just before and after.

I think I am fairly happy with his progress...I am still not sure how his clothes will be or if he will be papered or painted.  I hope to have him done by a deadline but it is not very likely.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...