Sunday, August 31, 2014

Day 243 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Forty-Three

Creatura Lupus Ursus came home from the Members Biennial Exhibition at Paint Creek Center for the Arts and I have been meaning to put it up on the wall somewhere -- I just did not want to leave it packaged up on the floor in the studio.  I needed a long wall space so I moved some things around.
This is good for now.
And yes, it did take me most of the evening and into right now (9:30ish) to think about and layer papers to this collage.  I have been wanting/needing to do something to further Biteyou's progress.  I had about ten papers I was working with and then I narrowed it down to four, then three, then the two I ended up with.  The end result is nothing like what I originally had in mind, but I have a few other ideas now.  If I really hate it when it is dry I can always cover over it...but I like it right now.

Thinking...thinking...thinking.
Trying out a paper...taped on.
Getting ready to start.
I narrowed it down to these three...the heavier ones with the ridges/lines was just too light or distracting or something.
Very wet dark green/gray/brown with inclusions over a medium purple of the same kind of paper.  I am not at all a purple fan but I like how this looks.
It looks better in person.
Drying for a bit before I move it back into the studio.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...