Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 218 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Eighteen

This morning I was able to make a coffee meet up with Joan and Leann at Tuscan Cafe.  It has been so long since I have been able to join them...it was so great to be together again!

While we were talking Joan mentioned an upcoming event at the Northville Art House and wondered if I was going to participate.  The event is called The Painted Chair and the call for art is called Can You Spare a Chair?  I had not planned on altering a chair...but that was before Sue broke her ankle.  My days/nights work times have really been shaken up but I think I just might be able to do this.  (Click on the link for more info!)  I will post more about it as the event gets closer.

Joan has been looking for a couple of chairs to alter and I said I had one she could have.  When I got home I went shopping in my basement and found another chair that I had originally planned to alter at some point.  I gave Joan first choice (since I wasn't expecting to be doing this) and she chose the one from the basement...I got it at a garage sale quite a while ago.  I will work on the one I first told her about...it is currently in my entry area by the front window...it is rarely used...I got it from a coffee house a bunch of us used to hang out at a long, long time ago.  And I think that one will work better for my ideas and Joan thinks the other one will be better for her purposes...yay!


The chair I will alter.
The chair Joan chose.

A bit later (before I went to Sue's house) I went to see WanChuan Kesler's solo show DongFeng at the Northville Art House.  Here are a few photos...I didn't show every painting...you need to go and see these for yourself!


detail

DongFeng -- a solo show by WanChuan Kesler
August 1 - August 23  

Northville Art House
225 W Cady St
Northville, MI  48167
phone:  (248) 344-0497

free and open to the public
Wednesdays - Saturdays from 1:00 - 5:00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...