Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 236 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Thirty-Six

Sigh...here comes some sloppy writing.  I don't know really what I want this blog post to be about.  My life is usually my own and I don't have a husband+kids family or 9-to-5 job that I need to deal with.  I pretty much set my own pace.  I have a certain routine and rhythm that is who I am.  When two things happened at pretty much the same time (my sister breaking her ankle very badly + the total closure of "my" section of the street I live on for extended road repairs) it really threw my little world out of whack.  I didn't realize just how much out of whack things have become until I had this weekend off and I tried to simply step back in and pick up where I left off.  Having a couple of days off has been good but it hasn't been enough to get  back into the rhythm...everything (except the road repairs that are finally done now) is ready to start over again tomorrow morning.  I can't just flip a switch and turn things on and off again...for me it is all about patience and listening and having time by myself.  I am sort of surprised at just how much all of this stuff has effected my creative flow and process...that's all.  I am also needing to deal with my own pain management and timing of medication(s) so that I am able to drive, etc...but I digress.

I wanted to work on at least one (or two) of the partially finished collages to submit to an upcoming show that I really enjoy entering...but that isn't going to happen.  I chose three other collages and I am very happy with them and if any get into the show I will be thrilled...absolutely thrilled...it is just not what I had planned.  These collages will definitely be retired after this show...so, fingers crossed!

In the grand scheme of things all of this feels very trivial and silly.  I love my sister dearly and I am more than happy to set stuff aside until she can get around on her own and feel safe about doing it.  Nobody plans that sort of thing.  She has always been there for me when I needed something and now it is my chance to give her my time.  She is progressing pretty well with her physical therapy and her six-week post-surgical office visit is on Tuesday.  She will find out then if she can begin to put weight on her poor foot yet. Sue is a very active person and this is very hard on her -- allowing herself to admit that she needs some help -- and taking things slowly -- not to mention learning to walk again.

Anyway...I will eventually be able to go back to my regular routine sometime fairly soon.  Until then, I will keep on listening and making notes.  I am not done with the blog or my "art" or anything else...all of that is simply on hold for a bit longer.  AND, I am honestly not whining or complaining...I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...