Saturday, August 16, 2014

Day 228 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Twenty-Eight

I have the weekend off -- Sue's husband isn't working this weekend and that means they don't need me to stay with Sue...yay for all of us!

Geez -- there are so many things I want to work on and yet I can't seem to get started on any of them.  I finally chose to try again with the plaster cloth rabbit-like guy's legs/butt area.  Early this afternoon I tried to match up the way I had started on the first side...but naturally, too much time has elapsed and while I remember the gist of it, I wasn't happy with the way it was turning out...tear it all off and get back to the drawing board.  Tonight I ended up cutting a thick cardboard tube, then a paper towel tube, then some plastic drinking glasses.  If I stay with the plastic drinking glasses at least things will be fairly even if I work on one side and then the other at the same time.  I will keep building up the shape evenly until I come up with something I am happy-ish with.  This is where I needed to end for tonight.


The "before" shot...
...my starting point for today.
I kinda sorta evened things up, but I was really not happy with it in person...the first side was very soft and today's side was nice and firm...I couldn't get them to equal out in the end.
That's okay -- tear it all off and start again!
From the beginning.
Cutting up a heavy duty cardboard tube.
Trying to shape some pieces of lightweight cardboard tubing.
Uh...no.
Cutting up some plastic drinking glasses...I have a billion of these.
Well...at least the sides are pretty darn close to even.
This could be a decent foundation to build a shape over.

Also, for three days in a row I missed three opportunities to make a run out to Rochester to pick up my unsold artwork from the Paint Creek Members Show...stuff kept coming up at the last moment.  Sue's husband will be going in to work early on Monday and he is going to drop Sue off over here and then she and I will make the trip out to get my stuff.  Then we'll zip back to drop the artwork off at my house and head back to her area to get her to her physical therapy appointment.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...