Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Day 99 - 365/2014

Day Ninety-Nine

Why on earth do I insist on making things that need to be painted (at least in part) -- why do I do it to myself -- why don't I just get collaborators to do the painting?  Gah.  I struggle with it so much.

Today I tried to add color to the really long horns guy.  The painting is just a mess...I will need to start over I think.  Then I used paper for the base layer on the horns, thinking I may touch them up with paint or a wash of some sort and painted details.  What is wrong with me?

Before -- how he looked when I was started out today.
unpainted mouth
first color on mouth
two colors on hand
two colors on other hand
trying to do something around his eyes
and then it spread out all over his face
I don't know...I just don't know.
I like this color of mulberry paper for a base layer on the horns...now to tear the paper into tiny pieces.
Really long horns guy sitting on a box on the floor so I can sit to work on his horns.
Ready!
first few pieces of yellow
a little piece of paper
covered!
each horn took one hour
What am I going to do with you, buddy?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...