Thursday, April 17, 2014

Day 107 - 365/2014

Day One Hundred Seven

Today I ran a lot of errands and I am feeling like someone pulled the cork out of me and all my energy is slowly dripping out...kind of a maybe-I'm-seriously-anemic-again feeling.  BUT I have been thinking a lot about what I want to make postcards of for the Paint Creek Center for the Arts fundraiser "Wish You Were Here".  It will be a show and sale of original artist made postcards that are 4"x6" and you can choose whether to go 50/50 with PCCA or donate all of the proceeds from the sale of your cards.

I've had this really cool theme swirling around in my head.  I just wish I had the chops to draw what I am seeing.  It would be a series of horse-themed mythical creatures...I'm not sure why exactly, it is just what is in my head.  Creatures like kirin, hippocampus, pegasus, (obligatory) unicorn (maybe)...or maybe even slightly more obscure ones.  I made some really really crude/preliminary/what-the-heck-IS-that sketches tonight just to get them on paper.  They are cracking me up, they are so badly drawn.  I truly have what I'd like them to look like in my head -- I am not going to totally give up on this, but they won't be the first cards I actually make...I'm fairly sure of that.

super bad drawings -- just to start to get them out of my head


What I most likely will do for sure:  a series of postcards assembled from carvings I have already on hand.  I made most of them for projects in the artist trading cards group I used to belong to...and some are really old.  It is good pulling them out and working with them.  I think I'd like to stamp the images on card stock (or something a little heavier than paper) and attach them to the postcard and then maybe sew them in place.  I've been thinking about this a lot, too.  But the sewing machine is not something I will be using just yet...these would be hand stitched.  Anyway...here is a look at what I'm working with before I get too inky.

The Marc Bolan carving is old, old, old...the larger bears are from a couple of years ago and the other things are fairly recent carvings.
Thinking of some designs/story lines...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...