Friday, April 11, 2014

Day 101 - 365/2014

Day One Hundred One

Tonight I am having a lot of physical distress and I am limiting myself to doing intake work for West of Center...I can't really show any of it, the submissions, etc.  This is the kind of work I really love to do...the logging in, making lists, downloading images, etc.  Tomorrow is the final day for the Call for Entries and I know we will get a lot more submissions right up to the end of the day...so I need to be sure the major work is done in order to not be overwhelmed with tomorrow's intake load.

Working on the show means I don't get to submit my own art, but I have to say I am very grateful to Joanne Bandoni -- the producer of West of Center -- for giving me the opportunity to be her assistant and get more experience in the production of a large, juried open call for art.  I will be able to take this experience and apply it to the juried open call I am producing in September.

All of this reminds me of my old days in video production -- putting out a couple of community access television shows (and working in various crew positions for other people's shows)...man, I miss those days.  And some of the record keeping and organizing is similar to the events committee work I did with Detroit Derby Girls...I also miss that.  I feel really lucky to have been able to become so involved with the Northville Art House and the exhibit committee and Northville Arts Commission.  I love it here so much!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...