Friday, April 19, 2013

365/2013 - Day 109

a main character emerges from the layers of paper

Tonight I have been studying the repurposed watercolor portrait that I covered with papers and matte medium.  Here is the very wet collage in a photo from last night.





Here is the dry(er) collage tonight -- with images starting to come to the surface.




This is the strongest creature so far and I really like how she is looking.  I love her stance and position on the collage.


I can see a few other faint images in the background and to the left of her.  I am not sure what she is about yet or who else will join her...but I am looking forward to finding out.

And here is an update on the hatchling creature -- Leann was right...he does look kind of neat with the pink and green paper.  I might have to rethink how I approach finishing him.  The paper has made his surface nice and smooth -- it feels really good to touch.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...