Monday, April 15, 2013

365/2013 - Day 105

photos and decision(s) time

Today was spent working on taking decent photos of my submissions for two upcoming shows.   I tried taking pictures of 5 pieces.  You know...this is absolutely NOT an easy thing to do.  I have a big photo light on a tripod (burned out I found out) and a little set up with two photo lights (one burned out during the shooting and a plastic part broke off of the tilt/lock knob).  When I get my tax refund I really need to consider investing in a good set of lights...OR...I need to take my stuff to a real photographer.  I know it won't help the art to get juried in, but I DO know it will make all the difference in the world in my presentation.

decrepit lights
Photographing artwork is just plain difficult and I am no longer up to the task...plus I really dislike digital photography and sizing and all that stuff.  (Geez -- suck it up, Cupcake!)

I have no shots for the blog because I don't want to reveal what is being submitted to which show.  I will report back after the results of they jurying of both shows.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...